The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). Supporting the SENS3 management team, the candidate will monitor and support network and firewall operations for SENS3 Operational Networks. The candidate will provide operation and maintenance support, including:
- Support user requirements as requested/required;
- Perform periodic COMSEC maintenance activities;
- Provide operational network and firewall support for the Enterprise networks;
- Conduct network and firewall configuration changes;
- Provide on call support as needed;
- Provide input on network design, maintain supporting documentation;
- Track firewall configuration changes
- Perform onsite installation and troubleshooting
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: TS/SCI
- Conduct configuration changes on Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
- Configure load balancers
- Assist with COMSEC maintenance
- Network documentation
- Conduct firewall rule set changes
- Cisco and Juniper routing and switching devices
- JUNOS, IOS and IOS-XE
- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP or Juniper equivalent
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree 8+ years of experience may be considered.
- Good time management
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, management, customers and support personnel.
- Strong ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks.
- Active in pursuing learning opportunities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with highly complex technical problems
- Knowledge with various routing protocols VLSM.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto, Cisco and McAfee firewalls.
- Knowledge of General Dynamics Encryptors
- Knowledge of F5 Load balancers
- Familiarity with SNMP and Solarwinds NCM.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.