Leidos is looking for a multimedia designer who specialized in 3D art/animations/models to provide high-end multimedia animations and interactive products for a customer providing online and blended media learning modules, creating engaging interactive classroom teaching tools, and developing unique instruction products. The successful candidate should be a graphic artist and/or animator who is well-versed in the use of 3D authoring and development tools. The position works closely with instruction designers and instructors to develop products that incorporate sound adult learning principles with engaging and creative design and are globally accessible. The designer may also be tasked to provide 2D graphic design support, build short animations, create 3D backgrounds for use in video projects, and collaborate with other designers on both digital and print designs. The multimedia designer is expected to implement designs for several delivery platforms including, but not limited to, classroom media, DVDs, websites, mobile devices, and enterprise learning systems.
- Work as part of a team to develop creative and engaging interactive media in support of learning projects.
- Design and develop 2D and 3D animations.
- Develop and/or assist with the development of e-learning courses in conjunction with instructional designers and instructors.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other team members, such as AV, IT, instructors, and video production teams to accomplish tasks and complete projects.
- Work with the customer to coordinate resources, prioritize activities, and ensure quality and timely products.
- Provide graphic design support to a variety of tasks, including print products, web banners, stand-alone graphics, graphics and animations for videos, and ad hoc media support requests.
- Utilize a training tool and weekly meetings to track, communicate, and manage all tasks and projects to ensure all assigned tasks are completed or before the established due date.
- Communication and promote effective use of new and current technologies to the customer.
- Provide an analysis of all project aspects to ensure designs address physical and security constraints.
- Make equipment and software recommendations based on industry best practices and in accordance with customer policies and procedures.
- Maintain credentials as required.
- Archive final projects in accordance with office designated standards.
- Adhere to customer security policies and procedures regarding the use of systems, equipment, facilities, and infrastructure.
- Execute diplomacy while working with various levels of team members, manages, and customer to identify requirements and develop action plans.
- BA with at least eight (8) years of related job experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience designing products and applications, including 2D and 3D animations, ideally for a learning environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent experience working 3D animation software like Autodesk’s Maya or 3DS Max to create interactive 3D models and animations.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience working in tools like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Captivate, or Camtasia to create interactive elements or web-based training.
- Experience designing in and integrating elements from the Adobe Creative Suite or other compositing packages.
- Experience utilizing a diverse range of multimedia, electronic authoring and development tools, software, and platforms for the delivery of multimedia and graphic design products.
- Utilizing project tracking mechanism to communicate, coordinate, prioritize, and complete projects on schedule.
- Identifying and communicating project status, interdependencies, and managing priorities.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Degree in graphic design, animation, cartography, fine arts, or a related field.
- Experience designing, drafting, planning, and producing designs for instructional programs, videos, multimedia, e-learning and other print, electronic, and multimedia materials independently and with input from subject matter experts.
- Experience using gaming engines to animate 3D models.
- Experience with mobile device app develop or willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with copyright and ADA compliance regulations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.