The Leidos Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Operation is looking for a Host Based Security System (HBSS) / Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) Subject Matter Expert who will be a key member of a dynamic, multi-disciplined supporting the Mission Partner Environment – Services (MPE-S) contract at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) at Ft. Meade. The Air Force Mission Partner Capabilities Office (MPCO) will execute the MPE-S contract, with responsibility for modernization, management, integration and consolidation of multiple programs and networks, including CENTRIXS, CFBLNet, BICES, BICES-X, Pegasus, APAN and the MPE-IS. The enterprise Mission Partner Environment will enable essential collaboration between the DoD and U.S. Coalition partners, connecting nearly 45,000 global users in support of the mission.
- Build, configure, administer and maintain McAfee Host Based Security Solution (HBSS) and DISA Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) in accordance with STIG/SRG guidance, applicable Taskords, and best security practices.
- Review policies and exceptions for the various HBSS modules and provide best practice recommendations.
- Evaluate information systems for compliance with Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guideline (STIG) and review measures needed to bring systems into compliance.
- Conduct SCAP / STIG Viewer scans for STIG compliance checks.
- Review Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) for applicability and impact to the range networks.
- Ensure that all systems are patched and report compliance or problems in achieving compliance to the Cybersecurity Manager.
- Develop and/or update the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to document all known vulnerabilities to correct or mitigate risks.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Math) OR at least ten years of general experience of which eight years is directly related experience.
- Position requires a minimum of five (5) years of direct experience in the past 7 years.
- Hands-on experience utilizing DoD-approved scanning/testing tools (Nessus, STIG Checker, SCAP, etc.) and performing analysis of output.
- Understanding of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800.53 security controls and control families.
- Experience with DoD cyber security applications (ACAS, HBSS, SCC).
- Maintains a DoD 8570 certification.
- An active, in-scope current Top Secret clearance.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Strong familiarity with coalition and multi-national information sharing systems, policies and environments.
- Strong experience working with HBSS modules and ACAS.
- Technical knowledge of multiple operating systems (Windows, UNIX), web servers-applications, databases and network appliances.
- Familiar with security control assessments, STIG Viewer and Secure Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) checklists or benchmarks.
- Knowledge of IA concepts and requirements.
- Knowledge of the DoD A&A process and standards
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.