Leidos is looking for a Data Migration Specialist to work on-sight in support of the Civil Rights Division.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for supporting legacy applications running on the Oracle platform
- Migrating databases from Oracle 12c to SQL Server 2016 which will include data consolidation, data cleansing, extracting cleansed data
- Testing of data migration, unit testing, load testing and production conversion.
- End- to-end data migration activities such as: data analysis, mapping,
- Writing extraction logic and data quality & validation processes to ensure the successful migration of data from Oracle to SQL Server 2016.
- Research and analyze Government current systems, subsystems and interfaces to understand the current process flows.
- Must have strong editing background, and excellent writing skills.
- Must be able to work in diverse environment.
- Must be able to work on-site full time. Teleworking is not an option.
- BS in Computer Science or related field plus a minimum 7 – 10 years of experience in the below:
- PL/SQL and SQL
- Writing stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers for both platforms.
- Data Migration and creating schemas.
- T-SQL knowledge.
- End-to-end data conversion/ migration concepts.
- Providing technical expertise on options, risks, and any impacts related to data conversion & migration.
- Oracle and PL/SQL scripting, databases, data structures, and data types/formats
- Understanding existing entity relationship diagrams (ERD) & creating new ones.
- Converting data from multiple Oracle data sources into Microsoft SQL Server.
- Software languages: Strong PL/SQL & SQL*Plus background, SQL* Loader
- Database qualifications: Oracle 12c, SQL Server 2016
- Software Development tools: Toad, Golden, SQL*Loader, T-SQL, Import/Export tools
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Familiarity with SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) tools.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.