Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Configuration Analyst at Scott AFB, IL.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a Configuration Analyst position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL. The candidate will perform change and configuration management tasks to support a global management system. Candidate will also support creating and documenting training materials used by the team. Provides support on a M-F business hours schedule. Approximately 10% of the job may require domestic and international travel. Be familiar with performing based on service level agreement (SLA). Work is performed based on the customer Accepted Level of Performance. Candidate is familiar performing within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement's (SLA's) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's.
- Support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics supporting the Operations Support System (OSS) configuration management (CM) and change management (ChM) processes.
- Monitor and control the configuration of assigned OSS infrastructure including hardware, software, and inter-connecting network elements.
- Change and configuration identification, audit, control, and status tracking and reporting.
- Maintain the configuration management database (CMDB) containing DISA-provided OSS network and system ChM and CM data to support resource allocation, capacity planning, networks/system modeling, and other planning activities.
- Ensure the CMDB includes all applicable Configuration Items (CIs) and their attributes, and the relationships among the CIs.
- Update and audit CMDB data repositories and tools as appropriate.
- Interface with other network management and systems that support operations to collect and verify network/system data in support of the CM functions.
- Compile and maintain all CM documentation in support of operational CM functions. Provide operations-related technical advisory support to the Configuration Control Board process.
- Provide CM related data and planning support to other network management functions and operational support systems to include reports as required.
- Execute periodic internal reviews for data integrity compliance.
- Develop and maintain OSS ChM processes and integrate into the overall GSM-O and DISA Hq ChM process.
- Log and track candidate changes through approval and implementation.
- Develop and provide metrics on ChM implemented changes.
- Maintain the applicable OSS work instructions (WI); tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs); and standard operating procedures (SOPs).- Creates, maintains, and implements detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain training content for developing competencies, technical skills, and increased understanding of the managed systems and applications.
- Collaborate with other team members and subject matter experts to ensure that course materials reflect current best practices and processes.
- Provides support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Must possess a strong understanding of ITIL change management and configuration management processes.
- Must be organized and capable of developing schedules and timelines.
- Must be proficient in creating documentation using standard MS Office applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Must have proficiency in using and maintaining MS Sharepoint to extent necessary to develop or modify basic pages, maintain OSS documentation, and track change status.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC ITSM.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified-
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.