User Experience Lead
- Are you passionate about creating a positive user experience for consumers of IT services?
- Are you an authority in designing and delivering usable services and applications?
- Are you a whiz at user research and usability studies?
- Are you interested in working on a corporate IT team whose focus is on supporting employees across a global enterprise?
- Would you like to work for a company whose mission it is to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science?
TEAM AND MISSION
We are the CIO Services Customer and User Engagement team at Leidos. We provide Leidos employees with the information and support they need to make their IT experience efficient and effective. We are an internal-facing team that provides user experience support, communications, organizational change management, training, and documentation support for all facets of IT. We are a creative and hardworking team. We help our fellow employees, whether it be through preparing them for a new system via communications and training, providing support on an existing system, or improving interfaces and processes so that they can focus on their business objectives. We are seeking a new team member to lead the UX team and improve our employees' experiences with IT services.
You are a user experience practitioner with a background in IT that enjoys making applications, services and processes simple. You are familiar with usability and user experience principles and can apply them to technical topics. You have experience conducting user research and usability studies. Areas such as cybersecurity, enterprise applications, infrastructure and mobility, are familiar to you. You will report to the Director of Customer and User Engagement and lead a small team of UX practitioners. You and the team will work with a geographically dispersed team of IT project managers, service lifecycle managers, executives and engineers to improve the overall user experience for other Leidos employees and help transform Leidos CIO Services to a user-centric IT model.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead the UX team within CIO Services by supervising and mentoring team members and leading UX work on multiple projects.
- Grow the UX capability within the CIO Services organization at Leidos by developing strategies, roadmaps, action plans and metrics and then helping to build awareness and buy-in of the UX capability.
- Delegate tasks and set goals and deadlines for the internal UX team and oversee the day-to-day operations on the team.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture and encourage creativity and risk-taking.
- Develop and maintain a standard methodology, personas, and processes for applying UX principles across the organization.
- Support the strategic goal to become a user-centric IT organization with a greater focus on design thinking
- Implement and embed UX into all IT projects and throughout the CIO Services organization.
- Evaluate new and existing interfaces, forms and applications that support business processes, make recommendations and implement solutions to improve the user experience.
- Conduct usability studies, user research and testing on existing and new applications.
- Analyze user feedback and activity to iterate and enhance the user experience of IT products.
- Collaborate with designers, developers and stakeholders with CIO Services and in other corporate functions to create user-friendly applications.
- Enhance the reputation of CIO Services within Leidos by improving the quality of services and the way that employees interact and use IT.
We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker and a self-starter. You can jump in and identify problems and corresponding solutions without explicit directions, and you can find creative ways to solve problems. You are a player-coach who can contribute to projects and lead a team. You are inspiring and can win over the hearts and minds of stakeholders. You maintain a positive attitude and are a standout colleague. A keen eye for details is required. If you are passionate about developing impactful user experiences, we have the role for you.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience as a UX Designer, Usability Analyst, User Researcher, or similar role
- Executive presence and ability to effectively engage with leadership
- Strong background of customer service and working with multi-functional teams
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong technical aptitude
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- UX certification
- Experience leading a UX team or large effort
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.