Leidos has an opportunity for a Subcontract Program Manager (SPM) on the DHMSM contract in Vienna, VA.
The DHMSM subcontract program manager provides technical and programmatic oversight and management of DHMSM subcontractors; provides an independent assessment of the subcontractor’s performance, and identifies, escalates and resolve subcontractor performance issues to the DHMSM Program Manager (PM). The DHMSM subcontract program manager focuses on ensuring program management discipline and that the subcontractors meet the program cost, schedule, and performance requirements.
The subcontract program manager is responsible for and manages all phases of the subcontract lifecycle including Request for Proposals (RFPs), development of management plans, negotiation strategy, and subcontract status monitoring and reporting. This effort is performed in conjunction with the DHMSM procurement subcontracts administrator and the DHMSM program team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Acts as the primary focal point for the subcontractor; briefs the program manager, customer, and Leidos management on the subcontractor status and issues affecting program performance, cost, or schedule
- Primary technical interface with the subcontractor in coordination with the PM and subcontracts management team
- Represents the subcontractor’s concerns and interests to the PMO
- Interfaces and coordinates between Leidos, the subcontractor, and other subcontractors
- Objectively determines the subcontractor status relative to technical, schedule, and cost performance to identify issues and ensure the subcontractor takes corrective actions
Qualifications of the Subcontract Program Manager:
- Vision to understand the entire program scope and the ability to lead and motivate the subcontractor to keep progress moving
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; detail oriented
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Sufficient domain technical knowledge to lead and participate fully in technical interchanges with the subcontractor and communicate customer technical questions and concerns accurately to Leidos technical staff
- Sufficient technical or domain knowledge to oversee and evaluate products/services provided by the subcontractor
- Sufficient technical knowledge to create or understand SOWs, specifications, SDRLs, interfaces, and requirements flow-downs
- Understanding of finance, subcontracting, contracting and contracts types, schedule, and EVMS, if there is a contractual requirement
- Understanding of the FAR and other government regulations pertinent to the subcontract
- Understanding of fraud and compliance risk issues
- Task lead management and general managerial experience
- Ability to communicate, build relationships, and gain the subcontractor’s trust
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment
US Citizenship required-must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant technical field. Advanced degree in a relevant field is preferred for this position. Experience in Managing Projects and Track Record: At least 10 years of successful Project or Program Manager experience. Should have at least 10 years of project experience working on projects and programs in positions of increasing responsibility. Certifications: PMP® or other professional project/program management certification (e.g., DAWIA Level III) required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.