Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions contract IOSS has an opening for a Business Analyst, Senior role located onsite in Austin, TX. This role is not open to remote work. We do not provide relocation.
A Senior Business Analyst has experience in the effective use of data provided by cost estimators to create overall cost versus benefit assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns.
This position is crucial to the success of DevOps Platform services (TPS). This person will work closely with business units to gain in-depth understanding of customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. The Senior Business Analyst will review business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks; identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and align efforts to meet customer and business needs. Provide and support implementation of platform business solutions, build relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining necessary business processes and practices; adapting to competing demands and organizational changes and new responsibilities.
- Convey explanations and details orally and in writing.
- Provide status updates of multiple efforts to co-workers, team leaders and supervisors.
- Create Project Business Cases.
- Create/update Project Charters.
- Coordinate all work with the ITOPS IO application programmers and system programmers assigned to coordinate the applications and z/9 platform. Any changes shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any changes.
- Perform the necessary quality assurance procedures and coordinate with all necessary elements to ensure products conform to customer's requirements.
- Allocate system requirements to hardware, software, and other system components.
- Document the allocated requirements in a Requirements Specification Document to include a Requirements Traceability Matrix. All technical documentation shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval.
- Conduct reviews with Senior Management on a periodic basis to discuss the activities for managing the allocated requirements.
- Ensure that changes to the allocated requirements are reviewed and incorporated into the software project.
- Make and use measurements to determine the status of the activities for managing the allocated requirements.
- Accurately document and incorporate all modifications, from all valid sources, into the appropriate System Requirements Specification (SRS). Ensure the completion of the Requirements Specification document and update it as needed.
- Incorporate all functional and detailed requirements in the Design Specification using the Requirements Specification. Update the Design Specification document as necessary. All technical documentation shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval.
- Test and review system processes as part of the software design lifecycle. Test and review system processes as part of the software design lifecycle, and provide written Test Plans. 13. Generate test data, and make minor updates to COBOL programs as needed, and document the changes.
- Participate in the creation of project estimates.
- Keep the Project Manager informed of the status of the Requirements and Design Specifications documents.
- Inform the Project Manager of any identified risks pertaining to the project.
- Resolve all action items assigned resulting from product reviews and process audits.
- Attend project meetings, conduct peer reviews, and participate in product reviews of the Requirements and Design Specification documents. Facilitate meetings to collect input from business owners and incorporate into the technical requirements.
- Schedule and facilitate Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions.
- Create/update release schedule based on input from customers and other stakeholders. Provide release status to stakeholders.
- Utilize SDM to create a new support request, retrieve and modify an existing support request, and close a support request.
- Create and maintain activities as needed to support projects. Create Project Schedule in Primavera and update with change orders.
- Adhere to all ITOPS IO program and naming standards.
- When supporting the ITOPS IO projects, the Contractor must abide by the following service level agreements: 1. Perform the necessary quality assurance procedures and coordinate with all necessary elements to ensure products conform to customer's requirements. 2. Keep work assignments compliant with all applicable and appropriate standards. 3. Ensure that all delivered products meet or exceed the performance service level agreement. 4. Develop Requirements and Design Specifications in accordance with agreed to project schedules
- Requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- IIBA Agile Analysis Certification (IIBA-AAC)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.