- Performs technical planning system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all level of total systems to include: Concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirement onto total systems solution that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirement allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirement onto hardware and software specification.
- Review and recommend RSAF authorization of systems engineering modifications. Progress approval of improvement initiatives through external design organizations and technical authorities.
- Evaluate and perform cost benefit analysis of improvement initiatives.
- Investigate aircraft systems related problems affecting fleet performance and devise innovative solutions. Monitor test programs and evaluate test data to identify problems and/or to verify performance.
- Participate in accident investigation, Evaluate and provide recommendation on major defect and aircraft incident reports.
- Perform Studies and participate and development and implementation of programs to improve safety, reliability and maintainability.
- Develop system testing procedure and documentation to verify performance to specification requirements. Participate in the acceptance test of aircraft and equipment.
- Prepare staff correspondence to organizations internal and external To the RSAF.
- Responsible to provide day to day support to RSAF Officers on matters pertaining to engineering, technical policies for all RSAF aircraft and support equipment.
- Provide Engineering and technical support for all RSAF aircraft general maintenance assistance/technician issues.
- Produce engineering drawings, engineering reports, test plans and Time Compliance Technical order in detail from data which will be responsible for defining and collecting.
- Coordinate with the Field Service Representative, based at the MOB, any Engineering or maintenance issue.
- Be the focal point for Engineering and maintenance activities.
- Facilitate the Engineering and technical interface between the RSAF and the Contractor.
- Provide an entry point for all technical queries and engineering replies.
- Prepare reports, briefings. and other correspondence as required
- BA/BS and ten (10) years of directly related experience OR fifteen (15) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s). Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
- Experience in senior engineering management with a thorough knowledge of engineering authority processes.
- A working knowledge of international regulation and policy for military and civil aviation as well-as International trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Must be able to develop and integrate concept, requirements, design, prototyping, production, testing, training and logistics support in all phases of weapon system life cycle, Including all aspects of technical program that involve trade-off of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, producibility, supportability, testability and other engineering requirement in aircraft mechanical, electrical and engine disciplines.
- Must be able to perform review of requirements and translates them onto technical specifications of equipment, software, facilities, data, and personnel; provide technical and guidance to lower level technical personnel as necessary. Experience will include technical involvement as applicable in one or more of the following: Research, design, development, production; testing, and performance of theoretical studies, analysis of system design, and recommendations to expand performance and enhance design of applicable system ..
- Strong leadership qualities with proven interpersonal and team working skills.
- Computer literate and an experienced user of Microsoft Office suite of Programs(Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Access, Project).
- Knowledge of aviation quality systems, Airworthiness, airframe engineering, aircraft control systems, aircraft avionic systems, design engineering, manufacturing, project/program, management, systems engineering, test engineering and aircraft systems integration.
- A good all around awareness of RSAF programs, Suppliers, original Equipment manufacturing (OEM) Government to government standard Agencies, international Standard Agencies and academic/research establishments.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in using Technical publications relating to work responsibilities.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to administration, communication, correspondence, messages, publications, and forms management, general office management, overall organizational structure, and its interrelationship with the mission.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.