The incumbent shall have comprehensive knowledge of software engineering principles, policies and practices; experience in software development, documentation and maintenance of large real-time air defense systems; and, familiarity with current RSAF systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analysis and resolution of software related Software Trouble Reports (STRs) and proposed enhancements
- Develop and maintain software source code, databases, tools, and interfaces with related systems and system platforms
- Design and develop build tool enhancements
- Software maintenance in conformance with established processes and procedures as documented in RSAF 171 series manuals, applicable Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items, Common Software Processes (CSWP), etc.
- Update of software related documentation including RSAF 171 series manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Design and development of training material and conduct of training, including On-the- Job Training (OJT) IAW the RSAF Structured OJT Program RSAF 105 Series Manuals
- Attend meetings and conferences and prepare/present briefings as required
- Build planning, briefings preparation for senior RSAF staff, and oversight of the resources for software efforts
- Document test plans, procedures, and results IAW with established standards and procedures (e.g., CDRL, SOW, RSAF 171, CSWP, etc.)
- Develop and conduct software tests, including regression and demonstration/verification tests
- Perform other software engineering and documentation tasks as assigned
- BA/BS and ten (10) years of directly related experience OR fifteen (15) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s). Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
- Prior experience at a military Field Grade Officer level is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.