Leidos currently has an opening for a Windows System Administrator (SA) to work in our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping to ensure success across multiple programs and projects at our location. We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. The successful candidate will be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. Another key requirement is effective communication skills. The SA will be required to collaborate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. The SA will maintain workstations and servers by deploying monthly patches and virus definition updates. They will help identify and implement major changes necessary to ensure security standards are being maintained and that the technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Regular tasks will include:
- Serves as the technical expert responsible for the engineering, implementation, installation, operation, and maintenance of SAN, Backup, and Endpoint protection architecture within Windows 10 and Server 2012 -2016 networks.
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Handles networking support administration, overall strategy, design, documentation, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Supports program and project managers with timely status reporting.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective actions(s) on real-time basis.
- Assists in planning for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle.
- Supports asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Performs administrative level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Interfaces with functional users in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related technical discipline and 8+ years of operating systems experience. Additional relevant experience, training or certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with System Administration in a Windows 7, 10 and Windows 2012 server environment.
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret clearance.
- Candidates must possess a Security+ certification or be able to obtain within 3 months of start date with Leidos.
- Also required are communication and presentation skills and the ability to operate independently
- Experience with Windows 2016.
- Experience with Linux administration.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.