Leidos is seeking a Technical Writer to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD.
- Work as part of an enterprise operations team that implements IT System’s operations and maintenance, strategies, and integration projects.
- Coordinate with peers across multiple teams, provide suggestions, and edits.
- Perform editing of draft documents and briefings.
- Provide substantive and grammatical editing to assure quality and consistency with the approved editorial Style Guides, key message requirements and objective, and subjective quality standards of the organization.
- Translate input from content owners into efficient and effective writing that effectively communicates with target audiences to get the desired result, in accordance with the organization’s and the specific initiative’s plan.
- Support the development of writing standards, including but not limited to writing styles, naming conventions, references, and terminology to be used in documents and briefings.
- Requires 2 years of editing, proofreading, and writing IT technical documents aligned to developing, implementing, migrating, integrating, and evaluating IT systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to consistently provide high-quality products that are concise, thorough and accurate.
- Previous experience working in a customer environment.
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years or a Master’s Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required for this position.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, English, Journalism, or Business desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.