The CMS Division has an opening for a Deputy Program Manager on a large infrastructure/data center contract supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) in the Baltimore, MD area.
The Deputy Program Manager position is a highly visible strategic position to ensure exceptional program execution in delivery of infrastructure and application hosting services to CMS. Heavy focus on ensuring that technical innovations are presented to CMS as the agency continues to modernize. This position requires the ability to strategically evaluate proposed technical solutions to determine technical feasibility with government specified technologies, cost for implementation and operation, as well as functional adequacy. Responsible for supporting the Program Manager in establishing and implementing strategic direction and development of cost and operational models to align with the customer’s changing operational needs. The person in this position will work directly with the Program Manager to ensure success of all aspects of the program including team leadership, client relationships, management of contract execution, oversight of strategic initiatives, supporting proposal and capture activities, vendor relationships, and other support responsibilities. The Deputy Program Manager will provide daily direction to the technical team in overall service delivery. The DPM will support the PM in establishing and maintaining technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
- Oversee operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators, service level agreements, and annual operating plan commitments
- Provide operational oversight, coaching to front line leaders, mentoring and developing of staff and succession planning for the program
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that ensure that we deliver the best product and solutions to CMS
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity and maintain the growth of a positive Leidos brand recognition within CMS
- Develop employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance
- Manage organizational compliance within Leidos policies and procedures
- Develop metrics to demonstrate performance and address areas of improvement
- Support the PM in marketing the hosting program to CMS business owners to adopt new capabilities and improve application resiliency
- Through personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the IHCCS program. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs, and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration
- Requires a Bachelors and 12 Years of experience with at least 8 years of program management experience for comparable Infrastructure/Data Center program with performance incentives/disincentives tied to Service Level Agreements
- Experience in leading teams of 200+ people
- Information Technology experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and advising senior level management and key stakeholders
- Experience with Data Center activities and tasks on a medium to large government IT Infrastructure program with 24x7 mission support requirements; data center tasks include but are not limited to network operations, data management (backup/recovery/storage), disaster recovery, security management, COTS patching and maintenance, monitoring, incident response service level management, change management for controlled and pre-coordinated changes, z/OS, z/Linux, Solaris, Windows and UNIX/LINUX systems administration, and facilities/asset management expertise for future hardware growth
- Ability to delegate, mentor, and train staff to efficiently distribute work
- Expertise and working knowledge of cost account management, risk management, staffing, sales growth, direct customer communication with customer leaders/executives
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Certified PMP (Active certification required)
- ITIL V3 Foundations certification
- Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated cloud deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud)
- CISSP and/or advanced ITIL certifications
- Ability to develop consensus on approach and communicate program vision to both staff and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated current and significant relationships with CMS or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in IT operations, datacenter management and development
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.