The Chief Telecommunications/Network Architect will lead the development of all enterprise network plans, oversee implementation of network architecture and engineering efforts, and be responsible for setting direction and promoting continuous evolution of telecommunications and networks, including architecture refresh and cloud integration. He/she will provide comprehensive telecommunications and network engineering oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT solutions and professional services to modernize U.S. Government legacy telecommunications and networks, protect telecommunications/networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and mission-support functions.
• Serve as the Leidos principle IT Telecommunications and Network architect to provide expertise and guidance for the design, development, and implementation of various telecommunications and network solutions that enhance overall performance and availability
• Provide technical analysis of current infrastructure and communications architectures, systems, and related cyber initiatives.
• Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of telecomm and networks solutions for the modernization of legacy networks and support of enterprise systems and platforms
• Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating breadth/depth of knowledge in all things related to complex, matrixed telecomm and networks in support of the enterprise
• Create, review, analyze, and incorporate technical requirements into enterprise-wide architectures
• Communicate critical and time sensitive network planning, performance, and vulnerability information directly to Agency Program Management and Technical Leadership teams
• Provide guidance, oversight and direction for the application of state of the art information technology within the DoD capabilities, ensuring that the Agency utilizes best-in-class technologies and practices
• Lead the integration and performance tuning of solutions such as QoS, VoIP, VTC, network load balancers, and end-to-end encryption
• Lead the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts
• Active TS clearance; ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• 15+ years’ combined experience performing network engineering and architecting duties on projects that support at least 40,000 users either internationally or across CONUS
• Demonstrated experience designing, developing, building and implementing information security within networks using DoD information security standards; network infrastructure life cycle management; and developing detailed end-to-end network performance assessments
• Demonstrated relevant experience proposing new networking technologies in support of LANs, WANs, and wireless networks for inclusion in future designs
• Demonstrated support of Network Operations Center and Security Operations Center functions such as continuous monitoring, operating, reporting, detection, investigation, and defending and maintaining the telecommunications, networks and cyber security components
• Demonstrated experience developing detailed end-to-end network performance assessments.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• COMPTIA Network+ Certification and at least one of the following vendor specific certifications: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Citrix Certified Professional - Virtualization, Citrix Certified Expert - Virtualization, Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching-Expert, or Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching-Professional
• Demonstrated experience in enterprise IT telecommunications and networks with emphasis in DoD capabilities
• Demonstrated experience in telecommunications and networks transformation and modernization planning to optimize and improve efficiency of services, and enhance network design
• Demonstrated experience with telecommunications and networks in Cloud environments, including hybrid cloud
• Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
• Experience with NIST SP 800 series and/or ISO 27001 information security management aligned to Enterprise telecommunications and networks
• Enterprise Architect Certificate or similar certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.