Leidos has an opening for a UTM Software Product and Project Manager. The Project Manager will work with a small team of software developers and coordinating with the larger UAS Traffic Management Team to create customer-specific versions of UTM for NASA's customers. This position will work with NASA Civil Servants and directly with NASA's customers to determine technical and schedule requirements and to assure that product deployments are successful.
- Creating and managing JIRA boards, defining and supporting the s/w testing process, and executing production software deployments.
- Working with software developers, security, and customers to ensure that s/w deployments are on-time, successful, and meet project requirements.
- Planning and coordinating release windows, scheduling release-readiness reviews and facilitating go-no-go decision meetings based on readiness metrics.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and a minimum of 8 years related experience in the following:
- Experience with Java development, cloud development
- Technical project leadership experience with small teams (up to 10 personnel) using Agile project management tools and processes (sprints, scrums)
- Significant experience with software release management including planning and scheduling of s/w release windows and cycles across multiple projects.
- Management of JIRA ticket queue
- Creation and maintenance of Confluence pages for documentation and for supporting on-boarding new users
- Understanding of s/w testing process including unit, integration, functional testing, load testing, and smoke testing
- Experience with CI/CD process
- Experience with GIT
- Significant experience with deploying and maintaining production grade s/w using tools such as Ansible and Jenkins
- Significant experience with requirements derivation and analysis, and risk management
- QA experience, including UAT
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Experience managing large-scale, customer driven, customer facing software development projects
- Experience with Federal requirements for cybersecurity and with cybersecurity tools and practice
- Experience with UML
- Experience with design, development, and maintenance of RESTful APIs
- Interest and knowledge of aviation, air traffic management, and unpiloted aircraft systems (drones)
- Familiarity with test-driven development
- Line management experience with up to 10 direct reports
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.