Leidos is looking for a Sr. Mobility Engineer to develop and deliver mobile communications solutions for a mission-critical U.S. Government program to support the rapidly growing demand for information to be securely accessible anywhere, anytime, from any device.
This individual will work with client stakeholders to improve the capability and capacity of mobile communications service delivery and reliability to meet the needs of a mobile, geo-dispersed workforce. The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience designing and implementing a variety of mobile communications and computing solutions. • Engage and collaborate with stakeholders to understand mission needs and cultural issues and formulate sound strategies and plans for mobility solutions
• Responsible for the design, operations and maintenance of the MDM solution
• Work with security, infrastructure, networking, and applications engineering teams to implement and maintain an integrated mobility security strategy
• Support transition of services, system implementation, documentation development, and troubleshooting
• Work closely with mobile app developers to insure mobile apps are successfully secured, published and updated
• Help establish a reliable and efficient process for mobile device management, including; provisioning, de-provisioning, field support, etc.
• Provide Tier 3 / 4 support
• Evaluate commercially available mobile and wireless technologies and equipment
• Evaluate and select vendor solutions and services efficiently and cost-effectively
• Identify and evaluate costs, benefits, and risks of expanding and enhancing mobile services
• 5+ years’ experience in network and wireless engineering
• 3+ years’ experience in mobile software application development
• Experience in the design, implementation and operation of mobility services using 3G or 4G technologies and protocols
• Experience in the design and administration of an MDM solution (i.e. Mobileiron, AirWatch, MaaS360) in a large user environment
• Experience with mobile operating systems, including Android or iOS
• Experience with mobile device architectures and wireless protocols
• Experience with Splunk reporting and alerting as it relates to the integration with an MDM
• Good working knowledge of MS Exchange, ActiveSync, DNS, LDAP and Active Directory
• Experience with PKI as it relates to mobile devices
• Experience in the design, installation, and configuration of wireless networks and mobile security technologies, including WIPS/WIDS, WPA/WPA2, and IEEE 802.1x
• Experience in network architecture
• Experience in radio access network (RAN) engineering and operations
• Experience in satellite systems engineering
• Experience with virtualized mobility infrastructure (SDN / NFV)
• Networking or mobility certifications such as CCIE, CCNP, VMware AirWatch, MCSE: Mobility, Citrix CCP-M, etc.
• Understanding of NIST SP 800-37
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.