Support the FAA System Operations Security Group in the development of a Remote Identification (Remote ID) rulemaking and plans to assist in the deployment of Remote ID services for the National Airspace System (NAS). Remote ID is a crucial element to the successful integration of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) into the NAS and will assist the FAA, law enforcement, and Federal security agencies when a UAS appears to be flying in an unsafe manner or is operating in an unauthorized location.
This position will assist in providing solutions to complex airspace and integration situations for NAS stakeholders.
- Support the FAA in the development of a Remote ID plan.
- Coordinate with organizations within the FAA as well as external agencies and define, in detail, how stakeholders from all disciplines and organizations will collaborate to implement Remote ID services.
- Collect input from all stakeholders for high-level planning in the development of detailed project plans and timelines for activities and analyses required to deploy Remote ID services.
- Assist in defining and adjudicating cross-organizational decision points, and manage and communicate program risks.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Track progress through Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) guidelines and Microsoft Project waterfall software.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience or
- If no degree, additional related work experience can be substituted at the hiring managers discretion.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Knowledge of the FAA Air Traffic System or a background in Aviation.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification with experience in developing Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Expert experience with Microsoft Project Enterprise
- Experience with Nirvana task manager.
- Knowledge of rulemaking
- Have working knowledge of Remote Identification
- Understanding of Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B)
- FAA Headquarters or Staff time.
- Background with UAS and C-UAS technology preferred.
- Experience with Technical Writing and strong communication skills preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.