Leidos is seeking a talented Cyber Security / Information Assurance Intern located in our Bridgewater, Virginia office.
The internship involves the following tasks:
- Utilizing compliance and vulnerability security scan tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) workflows and processes
- Generate and analyzes security scan tool reports and reports to customer and company leadership
- Assist in developing technical and written solutions to cyber security vulnerabilities (e.g. AD Group Policy, Local Security Policy, Windows/Unix scripts, documented mitigations)
- Assist in developing technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Support engineers of other disciplines in the security posture of products
- Assist Information Security Systems Manager (ISSM) in the development and maintenance of multiple accreditation packages
- Contribute to the process of obtaining and maintaining Authority to Operate (ATO) assessments
- Assist with other IA compliance activities as directed by supervisor
- Candidate must be pursuing degree in cyber security engineering or related information technology field.
- Must have ability to obtain Secret Clearance- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Proficient with MS Office products to include Visio
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills when working as part of a team and capable of working independently when required
- Previous information technology experience
- Knowledge of virtualization architectures (VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge and detailed experience with RMF related NIST SP 800-37 and NIST SP 800-53
- Working knowledge and detailed experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC, Nessus)
- Working knowledge and detailed experience with developing and integrating Active Directory Group Policy, Local Security Policy, and Windows scripts
- DoD Directive 8570.01-M Certification Requirements (Security+ CE)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.