Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager in Oak Ridge - TN. In this role, you will report to the Sr. Manager of Operational Accounting and be responsible for managing accountants who perform general ledger reconciliations, journal entries and other financial accounting and reporting activities. You will also be accountable for ensuring compliance with appropriate controls, policies, deadlines and regulatory requirements. This is a highly visible role with extensive interactions with organizational finance and corporate accounting personnel.
- Monitor general ledger account balances to ensure GAAP compliance
- Review and approve journal entries, reconciliations and postings to the general ledger
- Ensure proper support exists for all journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepared monthly schedules and analysis, primarily in the form of fluctuation analyses, to support corporate financial reporting requirements
- Ensure timely resolution and escalation of outstanding reconciling items
- Manage and directly a team of accountants
- Meet corporate financial closing and reporting requirements and deadlines
- Ensure compliance with assigned SOX and DFARS internal controls
- Respond timely to internal and external audit requests
- Identify and communicate process improvement and automation opportunities
- Interact regularly with line and corporate functions, such as Project Controllers, FP&A, Procurement, Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, and Tax
- Create and conduct performance evaluations and reviews for employees
- Assist the Accounting Director as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in accounting with progressive experience in the financial close process and leading, managing and supervising general ledger accountants
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables)
- Effective leadership and communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills
- Public accounting experience
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- Query tool experience (OBI, Hyperion IR or similar)
- Active CPA license
- Knowledge of government contracting compliance requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.