The Leidos Health group currently has an opening for a System Architect to work in Atlanta, GA in support of our surveillance activities with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- This position is contingent upon contract award.
- The SA is responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the portfolio overall systems. Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. Develops policies for standardizing systems and development tools. Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. The position requires staying on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the system architecture. It requires balancing short term technical decision with long term technology roadmap.
Successfully candidate should possesses:
- Required Education/Experience:
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Experience working in an agile and collaborative environment.
- Hands on experience with system rationalization, Micorservices implementation and cloud architecture
Maintaining on promise cloud infrastructure systems
AWS and/or Azure system administration / infrastructure related certification
Experience supporting CDC or other federal agencies
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.