Leidos Corporate Enterprise Architecture and Engineering Group is seeking a Solution Architect to lead the development of Program Services architecture. The scope of the work includes Cloud Services Architecture to align with program needs, gathering requirements from Development organizations and architecting new enterprise services such as Linux Desktop image. The position can be supported from one of the following locations: Reston-VA, Orlando-FL, King of Prussia-PA, or Gaithersburg-MD.
In this role, you will be responsible for evolving Data Center services strategy and will lead several major initiatives, including the defining requirements for optimization of Leidos Hybrid Cloud Service and Platform offerings to meet program needs as well as leading architecture for other improvements in the User Experience. You will have a track record of experience as a solution architect on complex development programs and will help drive CIO Service offerings to meet program needs as we augment enterprise solutions
You will develop a strategy that includes the disposition of existing Leidos Data Center assets and consider the operations requirements for Global data center operations. The proposed strategy must also include the development of transition plan from the “as is” architecture to the “to be” architecture and the feasibility of achieving the “to be” architecture by the dates required by the Business.
- Define requirements and implement solutions to optimize Leidos Enterprise Cloud Service Offerings to meet development program needs and constraints
- Act a Product Owner for Enterprise Cloud and Platform customer engagements. Interface to programs to understand requirements, develop alternative architectures, perform trades and lead the team to develop new patterns and services necessary to support program objectives
- Provide subject matter expertise and contribute to proposed architectures for new program services such as a Linux Workstation focused on Software Development
- Collaborate with Engineering, Cyber Security Engineering, BRM, and Enterprise Applications to ensure proposed solutions are fully vetted
- Master's degree with 15 years of experience in Information Technology, including extensive software development / engineering experience. Additional experience and professional certifications relevant to Software Architecture or Systems Engineering will be considered in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services
- Experience architecting software development environments and deploying Cloud based solutions
- Ability to collaborate with diverse and geographically distributed teams.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Hands on experience architecting software solutions
- Commercial Cloud Experience with multiple Cloud Service Providers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.