Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Software Systems Architect, Sr. is located in Austin, TX . The selected candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with but not limited to;
Responsible for writing and analyzing source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. Expertise in one or more programming language is required.
- Identify, analyze and develop interfaces and integration flows using Mule ESB Anypoint platform including Mule Runtime, Connectors, Design Center and API management
- Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementation.
- Explain complex technical issues to project manager and developers in an easy to understand manner and recommend clearly thought out solutions.
- Knowledge of building middleware systems from the ground up using Message Routing, Content Enrichment, Message Filtering, Message Transformation, Guaranteed Delivery, Message Sequencing, Batch Message processing, error handling and reconciliation mechanisms.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide bug fixes.
- Good understanding of relational databases; experience working with different adaptors and JMS queues required.
- Knowledge of Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management and Performance Monitoring and KPI for end-to-end process execution.
- Deep understanding of Synchronous / Asynchronous communication patterns and problem- solving abilities with respect to Message Sequencing, Correlation, and Queuing
- Perform discovery and requirements analysis for new system features, analysis of current system capabilities and limitations and design/engineer/integrate new system capabilities to meet requirements.
- Provide SME level support on application performance, desktop performance, and application availability and desktop availability monitoring and reporting using current VA monitoring tools such as CA Application Performance Management, AppDynamics monitoring tools, Arcturus Applicare, Microsoft Bluestripe Factfinder, XPOlog Management, CA Service Operations Insight, CA Business Service Insight, Aternity Desktop monitoring, and other performance monitoring tools as required.
- Customize the monitoring interface to provide dashboards, monitoring and alerts for all monitored applications. .
- Document and test the customizations.
- Use monitoring diagnostic tools to find the root cause of performance issues.
- Assist Government and Contractor helpdesk staff on the use of monitoring diagnostic tools to pinpoint production issues.
- Assist Government and Contractor staff on Root Cause Analysis based on data reported from the monitoring system.
- Create and tune performance monitoring and availability alerts.
- Recommend policies and procedures on actions to take based on the alerts generated. All recommendations shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
- Develop standards, policies and procedures around the use of application performance monitoring and availability in the pre-production and production environments, and provide all recommendations to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
- Participate in tuning and troubleshooting efforts.
- Work with customers to resolve performance and availability issues.
- Monitor subsystems using customized scripting appropriate to the monitoring tool being used.
- Document operational steps and practices necessary to perform the assigned administrative duties, example creating Run-Books
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 years of experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- 5+ years of experience working with the MuleSoft Anypoint platform as a Developer.
- Intermediate level Java development experience is a must.
- Strong knowledge of EAI/SOA best practices, development methodologies & standards.
- Has strong experience in the Application Integration Architecture, Solution Design, and Development using SOA/EAI solutions.
- Experience with SOAP and REST is a must
- Experience with Mule administration, configuration and tuning
- Experience implementing Mule ESB architecture, rules, caching, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting Mule ESB, including working with debuggers, flow analyzers and configuration tools.
- Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model and concepts.
- Knowledge of back-end systems and API’s, developer tools and compilers.
- Experience with AWS (preferred)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.