The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for an Operations Assistant to support the daily operations in the Receiving and Supply Department at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Provide support to routing and processing of Defense Travel System (DTS) as required by the Department Head.
- Assist with administrative functions such as, but not limited to: photocopying, compile printouts (briefing packages, audit readiness support, etc.), scan documents, upload audit or financial documents as electronic files.
- Assist with scheduling, coordinating, and planning meetings and conferences for on-site, off-site, and telecommunication, as directed by the customer.
- Organize, document and schedule for various projects or audit, as directed by the customer.
- Support purchasing and logistics with administrative requirements as directed.
- Prepare and submit Progress Reports detailing the results accomplished during the period, future plans and any problems encountered.
- Work is to be performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday - Friday 0800 to 1630.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Administrative experience within a Government or military organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Experience purchasing supplies.
- Experience with documentation management practices.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.