The AIMS Project Business Manager will directly support the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science (AIMS) project management organization and coordinates with site and office operations to facilitate organizational and project effectiveness and efficiency.
This AIMS Project Business Manager will perform assignments such as:
- Developing procedures, processes, performance measurement metrics, understanding of subcontractor contract requirements, coordination and preparation of data to support project performance reviews, monthly reporting and maintaining and reporting on project key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Management of project controls functions such as cost, finance, earned value management system, and risk management.
- This role also will have a major role in project proposal development, proposal writing, and coordination with subcontractors.
This position will report to the AIMS Senior Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Construction or related field) and 15 years related experience or Master’s degree and 13 years related experience in the engineering and construction industry
- Experience with large capital projects within a large organization similar to Leidos
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to establish relationships internally and external to Leidos
- Knowledge within Government contracts and subcontracts
- Contract and vendor management
- Proposal development and management
- Performance Metrics Development and Management
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Ability to draft and review Statements of Work
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with subcontractors to drive positive results
- MBA or Advanced degree in a related
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional relationships
- Ability to develop and contribute to the execution of long-term strategies and tactical plans to achieve enterprise objectives
- Earned Value Management
- Previous business operations experience preferred
- Experienced with implementing corporate performance standards, such a project management, project controls, safety and health.
- Excellent business acumen and ability to formulate solutions to complex problems and clearly communicate strategies to large audiences
- Strong organizational skills to handle many overlapping projects simultaneously
- Ability to successfully interface and interact with all levels of the organization
- Informal leadership, lead, or mentoring experience
- TINA Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with incentive fee type subcontracts
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.