Leidos Engineering continues to expand its operations, and seeks a highly motivated, Electrical Engineer Intern to work in our Honolulu, HI location. This strategically important position will have a large impact on an already successful organization. Successful candidates must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will work with client standards to implement engineering designs.
The Electrical Engineer Intern will be responsible for design and planning related activities associated with electric transmission, distribution and substation facilities. This includes assisting on projects of single-lines, schematics, and wiring designs for substations, as well as preparation of system models for load, fault, and protection analysis. Responsibilities will also include preparation of studies and reports for transmission and distribution systems.
• Project scope development
• Relay One Line design
• Three Line AC schematic design
• DC protection schematic design
• Panel layout and wiring design
• Develop Bill of Materials based on design criteria
• Complete project lifecycle support from scoping to final design and implementation
• Construction Support
• Applying the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes
• Working with client standards to implement design
• Working with a designer/drafter to create the required drawings for each project
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Electrical Engineering degree program.
• Prior intern experience within the Power Engineering sector a plus
• Knowledge of substation design and protective relaying a plus
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• Detail oriented
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
• High level of computer competency
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.