Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Global Service Desk (GSD) -Infrastructure Tier 1 Service Desk Manager. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). The 24x7 GSD provides warfighters, military components, mission partners, and other federal agencies with a single point of entry for service desk support.
The Service Desk Manager is a highly visible position that requires a strong mix of leadership, communications skills and coordination with many stakeholders. The manager is responsible for ensuring the service desk meets contractual performance levels.. The position requires a leader who can manage and coordinate the handling of incidents, problems, Non-Service Catalog Requests, and Service Catalog Requests for a large-scale, Enterprise Service Desk. The Tier 1 Service Desk Manager provides oversight of two service desks located in two geographically separated locations.
- Serve as the Leidos primary representative to the Government on all Global Service Desk related matters
- Develop procedures that support execution of Service Desk activities, to include process flows, defined roles and responsibilities, knowledge articles, and reporting schema to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements
- Establish functional lines of support, communication, and authority between DISA program leadership, Leidos, and DISA customers
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for each service in the Service Catalog
- Management of Tier 1 helpdesk personnel to include ensuring schedule is current (updated monthly) for 24/7 year-round coverage
- Establish metrics, reports and goals that align with the long-term strategic direction of DISA ensuring customer service and productivity levels are met
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Identification and management of issues, risks, dependencies
- Collaborate with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
- Status reporting to the task order manager and customer
- Create, document, and execute action plans
- Monitor, adjusts and reports on operations performance, budget and schedule
- Some travel may be required (10%)
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of overall relevant experience with 3+ years of specific experience managing or leading Service Desk or operations tasks for a large scale Enterprise Service Desk. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience with Commercial Off the Shelf ticketing suites such as BMC Remedy
- Demonstrated experience implementing service improvement processes in response to performance metrics or service level agreements
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, and evaluating task execution and performance exercising latitude and independence of the team to implement solutions as expected
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Master's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
- Proficient in using Customer Interaction Center (CIC) call management tools
- Working knowledge of the DISA customer
- Working knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 or ITIL Service Desk certification
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.