Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Senior UI/UX Designer, to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized micro-services architecture for the D3P program. Work in either Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA! The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members.
You will work closely with the D3P chief architect, systems engineers, software engineers, and data scientists to provide UI design and User Experience support and concepts for the end-user-facing multi-media search and data exploitation system. D3P is advancing the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. D3P has been operational now for 18 months and is moving into a phase where greater user engagement and system adoption is growing beyond the initial UX concepts.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
• Work with the team using a Release-based-scrum and will drive research activities, derive insights, generate concepts, communicate those concepts visually, and work with developers and product managers to ensure their successful development.
• Work on cross-functional teams of experts in design, system engineering, technical architecture, software engineering and data science to deliver digital products and services for the customer.
• Create user flows, low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, conduct usability testing, and lead focus groups and workshops, all of which will require a combination of technical and communication skills.
• Participate in a release-based design process understanding the user journey, framing challenges/issues from a UX perspective, create compelling user stories, and develop innovative methods and practices to maximize user engagement and D3P usage.
• You will work with D3P team members to develop clear and powerful experiences for users, peers, managers, and agency executives.
Skills needed to be successful in this role (Required skills)
• Bachelors Degree with at least 4 years experience in information technology and intelligence or data analytics applications (2+ years with a MS/MIS Degree).
• Active Top Secret security clearance and able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
• Solid visual and design skills to create concepts and prototypes.
• Experience with one or more low-fidelity wireframe tools (Balsamic, Sketch)
• Experience with one or more high-fidelity pixel perfect prototype tools (AdobeXD, Axure)
• Superior attention to details and impeccable documentation on design processes, design standards, and guidelines for component and patterns.
• A desire for learning new things, but also experience in UX practice areas (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research).
• Excellent team player and collaborator
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience working with Intelligence Community analysts and operators
• Experience working with systems and software engineers in an Agile release-based planning process
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.