The Leidos Corporation is seeking a Procurement Lead to support a program in the WMA. Will provide procurement support and analysis for all contract procurement requirements. This position requires the use of problem solving techniques to address unique procurement requests that impact critical support requirements.
- The Procurement Lead is responsible for defining plans, processes, methods, and tools for ensuring supply chain management and chain of custody for the life of all Government assets.
- Additionally, the Procurement Lead is responsible for all activities associated with researching and recommending cost effective purchase arrangements, which will be approved, by the Government; supporting the Government’s purchase process and coordinating the delivery of purchases; and managing, tracking, and auditing hardware recapitalization, maintenance agreements, and software licensing.
- The Procurement lead shall ensure the review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Will actively manage the procurement process from order placement through receipt of products and subsequent payment of invoices.
- Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions; and participate in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, and resolve issues as necessary.
- This person will have all of the planners, Material Project Managers’, and the Supply Chain Engineer reporting to him or her.
- Significant interaction with PMO & customer is expected.
- Experience with Just in Time Experience with a multi-million dollar annual procurement budget.
- Possess outstanding customer service skills in order to meet high demand requirements
- Willingness to travel between sites within the WMA.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and apply that understanding to daily procurement and program support requirements
- Self-starter that can establish priorities, resolve immediate issues, and coordinate with program manager on complex problems
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Comfortable working with senior management.
- Experience managing a small to mid-size team.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Security Clearance Required
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- Experience in a similar role executing on time deliveries of hardware and software; interacting with key suppliers; dealing with the financial impacts of supplier decisions on programs; and managing, tracking, and auditing existing hardware and software inventories.
- Experience supporting procurement system compliance, materials management, prime contract flow downs, supplier quality, and supplier teaming to achieve successful results.
- Experience working with price analysis methodologies.
- Experience working with Commercial Supplier Agreements (CSAs) and End User License Agreements (EULAs).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.