Leidos is looking for a top-notch litigation support Technical Analyst who is familiar with many litigation support software utilities to support one of its government clients.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principals, theories and concepts as they relate to litigation support and electronic discovery
- Evaluate requests, develop solutions and advise DOJ on best practices for productions, processing, etc.
- Ability to explain best practices and why requests made may not be the most efficient process
- Independent thinker who can understand tasks and problems at hand, make solid recommendations and take appropriate action
- Thorough understanding of loading, processing and QC of electronic discovery through eCapture.
- Firm understanding of and ability to perform Relativity administrative tasks when needed: Loading data, setting up document review searches\batches, assisting users with locating documents, running productions out of Relativity, setting up analytics such as email threading\clustering, setting up active review projects.
- Ability to manage technology and help desk issues, troubleshoot problems and provide proper training, when needed
- Understand regular expressions, Excel, and basic database\SQL functions required for data manipulation
- Ability to work independently yet comfortable working directly with the client.
- Develop trial support strategies, train legal team on software usage and best practices
- Ability to set up and break down a war room with LAN and network printers, troubleshoot internet connectivity issues, deal with printer issues
- Ability to step in and run trial support software, if needed
- Ability to work independently, make judgment calls and put plans into action
- Ability to also function as a part of a team by working closely with attorneys and paralegals
- Ability to advise and oversee those handling the trial presentation work
- Willingness and ability to lift boxes (for instance, in getting enterprise printers shipped and crated)
- Although normal business hours are 8 hours per day, longer work hours may be expected from time-to-time, including during trial support
- Ability to travel, sometimes at short notice or extended periods of time
- Need to be able to communicate\work-with opposing support personnel, courtroom personnel, and local agency people.
- Some familiarity with video formats and conversion. Audio\Video syncing and transcript clipping in Trial Director is also helpful.
- At least 5-8 years of hands-on experience with litigation support software required.
- Undergraduate degree
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Must be able to lift and carry boxes
- Experience in multi-tasking is required
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a federal government background check
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or information management/technology disciplines strongly preferred
- Current or active clearance, preferred
Software, regular use:
- Relativity (review not processing), preferred
- eCapture, very helpful
- Text\data editors (using regular expressions or macros to manipulate data), very helpful
- Trial Director (knowledge of loading files, creating cases for users, training users to use it in court and developing and sharing best practices), preferred
- MS Excel
- Equivio, helpful
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.