The Big Data and Innovation Support Lead is responsible for defining a Big Data implementation framework; translating mission needs into Big Data system, analytic, and visualization tools requirements; and working with multi-disciplinary teams to design, guide engineering solutions, and explore, examine, and visualize data to extract knowledge and insights from large and complex collections of digital data; responsible for managing digital data that comes from many different data providers; consists of a variety of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data types; and has an enormous volume, varying velocity (periodic static documents to real-time data feeds), and is rapidly growing. Additionally, the Big Data and Innovation Support Lead is responsible for the design, development, test, deployment, and use of associated advanced analytic and data science tools including, but not limited to, data visualization, link analysis, correlation, sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics, software engineering, or related technical field.
- 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on experience with Big Data applications, such as Hadoop and associated applications (e.g., administration, CM, monitoring, performance tuning, etc.).
- Experience working in a Government mission Data Exploitation environment (e.g., acquiring data, storing data, processing data, analyzing data, visualizing data, turning data into intelligence products, disseminating data, and knowledge management).
- Experience supporting a cloud computing environment (e.g., private, hybrid, and/or public).
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional technology team.
- Experience leading major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
- Experience working with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools such as Informatica, Talend, and/or Pentaho.
- Experience designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed platforms.
- Experience in the research and development of applications/services in disciplines such as: Natural Language Processing, machine learning, Conceptual Modeling, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, and Hypothesis testing.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.