The SEIT Lead provides Architecture Support, System Engineering, Software Engineering Development and Integration, Algorithm Development, Security planning and compliance (including achieving Authority to Operate (ATO)), System Level Testing, and innovation development and implementation including: Standing up a development, integration, and test environment with a process for rapid development and enterprise-wide implementation, when necessary; Enabling the ability to integrate and test COTS/ GOTS products (as an entire solution or as part of an overall system solution); Enabling the ability to quickly augment and enhance existing tools, applications, and methodologies to advance analytic efforts and maintain currency with changing terrorism milieu; Developing the necessary Transition Planning including user training, support staff training, and any applicable decommissioning activities for systems/services that have been replaced.
The SEIT Lead manages a team to implement a system/software lifecycle management process to achieve a single Dev/Sec/Ops lifecycle for the program.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, management information systems, or related technical field.
- 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- A minimum of ten years of experience supporting architecture design, software development, implementation, system management; integration of COTS/GOTS products to the operational environment; autmenting and enhancing tools, applications and methods to enhance analytic mission success; transition planning for sunsetting capabilities.
- Implementing an agile system/software life cycle management process ot enhance current technologies and and creation of new capabilities addressing one or more the following topics: automation, data science, big data analytics, data ingestion and manipuilation, machine learning, emerging technologies, Publically Available Information exploitation, social network analysis, alerting and waring, an advancing traditional analytic methods.
- Experience supporting highly distributed applications.
- Experience leading a cross-functional technology team.
- Experience with modern development best practices including DevSecOps, and employing continuous integration, delivery and user feedback methods
- Experience utilizing Agile development methodologies and Application Lifecycle Management.
- Experience working with programming languages such as Java, C++, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Pig/Hive, and/or Elixir.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.