Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads the efforts to ensure progress is made toward a delivery on demand model that leverages continuous everything to reduce defects while increasing productivity and time-to-market
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Establishes CI/CD pipeline guidelines and serves as a focal point for communication across Teams
- Coordinates and collaborates extensively with Agile Development Teams to ensure teams adhere to CI/CD guidelines in following DevSecOps processes
- Serves as a Technical Lead to design CI/CD approach, evaluate tools and conduct trade studies to recommend CI/CD tools as needed
- Leads the configuration of pipeline setup and support/resolve technical complexities to integrate various DevSecOps continuous practices as part of CI/CD implementation
- Recommend and implement automated means that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including scripting, integration, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience leading DevOps/DevSecOps implementation in large programs especially migrating legacy applications, reengineering and automating systems to improve end-to-end software life cycle management by means of automation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing to effectively interact with multiple teams both internal and external
- In-depth technical expertise in DevSecOps techniques, continuous integration; continuous testing; and continuous deployment; trade studies and analysis of alternatives; development of end to end solution deployment across environments
- Experience in leading DevSecOps CI tools such as Jenkins, TFS and familiarity with tools for test automation, along with hands on experience implementing CI with test automation, code scanning integrated as part of the build cycles using life cycle management tools.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience implementing DevSecOps for large program using Agile, preferably SAFe, development methodology
- Experience implementing DevSecOps for a Cloud-based system on a modernization program ensuring existing applications and systems are modernized to satisfy legacy functional requirements
- Extensive experience implement CI/CD with products such as Jenkins, Atlassian, GitHub, Nexus Repository
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.