In this role you will:
- Serve on the USAFRICOM Intelligence Directorate (J2) enterprise architecture team working with stakeholders and leadership to build a holistic views of the command’s strategy, processes, concept of operations, mission environments and information technology systems in order to ensure information technology systems and resources are linked to command objectives and missions.
- Develop and enhance capabilities with key client decision makers, influencers, and program stakeholders.
- Collaborate with a team of enterprise and mission architects, systems engineers, infrastructure engineers, intelligence analysts, and operational subject matter experts to enable C4ISR transformation and modernization. Leverage intel-related expertise with military operational, acquisition and sustainment or information technology to support transformation activities.
- Lead the development of proposals, whitepapers, project plans, studies, and analysis to define and then lead new projects.
- Document and improve command structure and processes, develop innovative information systems solutions, integrate and standardize business processes, improve quality and timeliness of business information and to document current and future systems architectures.
- Independently lead architecture projects and working groups that span multiple staff directorates and component commands while balancing competing customer requirements and managing limited resources.
- Develop, coordinate, staff, and present executive-level information, decision, mission, and staff briefings.
Travel will be necessary at times.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of related experience
- 3+ years of experience in operational, technical, or program management with C4ISR systems and enterprise architecture.
- 3+ years of experience with defining, proposing, planning, executing, and leading projects teams.
- 3+ years of experience leading complex interdisciplinary systems engineering projects in a Department of Defense (DoD) environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft products: Office, Visio, Project, and SharePoint.
- Joint, Combatant Command, or North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) staff experience preferred.
- Prior Joint Data Network Officer (JDNO) or Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) experience.
- Familiarity with the following architecture frameworks: Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), The Open Group Architecture Forum (TOGAF), British Ministry of Defense Architecture Framework (MoDAF), and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Architecture Framework (NAF).
- Knowledge of DoD development or sustainment acquisition.
- Experience with enterprise architecture tools such as Casewise or IBM Rational Systems Architect.
- Industry recognized Information Technology Certifications: Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2, Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants (EC-Council), International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), etc.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.