The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Civil Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Service Center in Des Moines, WA
In this role you will create and review designs and drawings as required for the alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Provide engineering inspection/site survey reports for FAA communications towers/ antennas and support buildings to include anchors, foundations and roofing.
- Develop engineering plans for design or relocation of concrete duct banks, and fiber or copper cable pulls.
- Develop Statement of Work (SOW), schedule, drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Project management including NAS risk mitigation plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and project closeout documentation.
Typical Education / Experience:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Note: Candidates with less experience will be considered.
Relocation Benefits Available if not local in the area.
- Engineering experience with structural design, construction techniques, concrete foundations, duct banks, and project scheduling.
- Proven fundamental engineering knowledge in steel, concrete and soils design.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
- Site surveys may require climbing communications/antenna towers for inspection.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Antenna / free-standing tower construction
- Familiarity with FAA and the National Airspace System (NAS)
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.