The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Infrastructure Security Engineer in Bethesda, MD.
- Responsible for identifying, monitoring, and defining the requirements for the overall security of
- Infrastructure systems on premise and in the cloud (AWS) using NIST, FISMA and CIS security standards
- Perform system vulnerability scans utilizing tools such as Nessus/Tenable, interpret results and work
with System Administrators to remediate vulnerabilities, assess threat advisories to determine
vulnerability, risk and impact to enterprise systems
- Generate and maintain security dashboards, reports, and profiles to track the overall infrastructure
health and status of the information systems
- Evaluate, design, and implement secure solutions for networking, system authentication, and
authorization with the latest security technologies
- Collaborate on multiple security-related projects and technologies, interfacing with team members
within the organization as well as other developers and external customers/partners
- Recommend, document and implement policies and standard operating procedures to ensure
adherence to HHS/NIH security standards
- Manage projects and tasks in JIRA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Security certifications (CISSP, CEH, Security +)
- Knowledge of Grants Management and Health Care related support activities, processes, and
- regulations are preferred
- 5+ years of Infrastructure Security experience and administering enterprise or government systems,
storage and network in security practices, configurations, and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in finding and remediating security vulnerabilities
- Expert level knowledge of information security policies, controls, and processes with regard to
infrastructure (networks, servers), databases, and Internet technologies including security
configurations, log analysis, intrusion detection and mitigation
- Expert knowledge of cloud (AWS) cybersecurity concepts, including threats, vulnerabilities, security
operations, encryption, boundary defense, auditing, authentication, and risk management
- Knowledge of information security control practices and frameworks: HVA, HHS, NIST 800-53, FISMA,
- Experience working with security cools including Tenable, Tripwire, Splunk and host based anti-virus.
- Technical writing skills to develop and maintain security documentation
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
Must be able to obtain Public Trust
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.