Leidos is seeking a talented Systems Engineer SME to join our team to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Security Operations Center (SOC). The Systems Engineer role provides support across an Agile team supporting technology assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management. This role will be engage in the review and subsequent reporting of usage of system, data and information in support the adherence with outlined policies and procedures. The Splunk engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows.
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk.
- Build and integrate contextual data into notable events.
- Recognize and on-board new data sources into Splunk, analyze the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Provide technical, managerial, and administrate direction.
- Recommend innovative solutions to management and key stakeholders.
- Work in a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Develop and provide reports on the usage of information and data.
- Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
- Work with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment.
- The candidates shall have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field and a minimum of 12+ years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cyber Security. Additionally, the candidate shall have five (5) years of experience with Splunk.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Extensive experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
- Experience developing in HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, JAVA and Python scripts
- Extensive experience working in AWS
- Extensive experience in SQL
- Experience administering Linux OS/ such as Redhat Enterprise
- Certified Splunk Administrator
- Must have an active TS with SCI eligibility
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.