Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Graphics Software Engineer, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Newport RI. Leidos’ Ocean Survey Business Area is responsible for developing and fielding software systems used by the US Navy and Leidos to collect, analyze and process oceanographic and bathymetric survey data. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the software and systems.
This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance. A current, active DoD Secret clearance is desired.
Candidate will develop software as part of the team creating ocean survey, collection and processing software. This code is used in a variety of US Navy and Leidos systems. Software is developed in both Windows and Linux environments, and written in C++ utilizing various software packages. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time software to enhance bathymetric survey capabilities. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements, such as the integration of acoustic sensors.
Travel may be required to Stennis MS or deployed ships around the world, but likely not in the first year of employment and not to exceed 10% in subsequent years.
Education and Years of Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Graphics, Math, Physics, or related technical field and a minimum of 4 years of directly related experience required or Masters degree and a minimum of 2 years of directly related experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Must have strong knowledge of object oriented development and data structures, be able to adhere to identified coding standards, must have experience with version control systems, and must have good familiarity with Linux
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, and be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes in tasking, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Active DoD Secret clearance highly preferred
Experience developing graphical user interfaces with Qt Widgets and Qt Creator
- Experience with physics-based modeling or real time graphics programming
- Experience with high performance computing
- Experience with C++, and scripting languages such as Python or bash
- Experience with OpenGL
- Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals
- Exposure to unit testing, continuous integration and code reviews
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.