The Defense Group at Leidos is looking for a Depurty Program Manager for Installation Operations in Hawthorne, Nevada.
Deputy Program Manager for Installation Operations/Facility Management directly supports the Program Manager in achieving successful program outcomes for the Joint Munitions Command Operations and Maintenance of Hawthorne Army Depot (O&M HWAD) contract. The HWAD contract provides Supply Depot Operations (SDO) functions including but not limited to ammunition receipt, issue, surveillance, rewarehousing and demilitarization (DEMIL), as well as the operation and maintenance of Hawthorne Army Depot (HWAD) located in Hawthorne, NV. HWAD is a Government-Owned, Contractor-Operated (GOCO) facility that serves as an archival storage and DEMIL location for a wide array of conventional and non-standard ammunition. In addition to the storage and DEMIL of ammunition, the operating contractor is required to maintain and modernize equipment and facilities, and provide numerous base support services (e.g., grounds maintenance, fire protection, safety and security, etc.).
Deputy Program Manager for Installation Operations/Facility Management directly supports the Program Manager (PM) in achieving HWAD program objectives, and serve as the Acting Program Manager in the absence of the PM. The DPM for Installation Operations/Facility Management is one of two DPMs and has program-wide responsibility with day-to-day focus on all Maintenance operations (including equipment maintenance, infrastructure/real property maintenance, TMDE and a wide array of services), Security and Key Control, Fire and Emergency Services, IT support and GFE management. The DPM Installation Operations/Facility Management will monitor and manage HWAD Installation Operations/Facility Management performance, risk, cost and schedule; detect and alert the PM of any material negative deviations; and develop/implement recovery plans as needed. The DPM for Installation Operations/Facility Management manages the submission and quality review of all deliverables, and the submission of frequent and rapid-turnaround contract modification proposals (technical and cost). This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
- Support the PM's efforts to maintain a positive organizational climate with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control personnel and financial resources.
- Ensure that all required actions are adequately planned and that all projects and tasks under the contract run within scope, time, and budget constraints.
- Manage multiple teams led by subordinate managers and/or supervisors, including subcontractor personnel.
- Develops program status reports
- Interface with senior Government personnel, technical and non-technical staff, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Support process improvement and innovation.
- As delegated by the Program Manager, has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within the HWAD program, in accordance with Leidos policy.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience
- Six years pf experience supervising a minimum of (100) personnel in installation operations/facility management.
- Must possess as least twelve years of overall experience in installation operations/facility management.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers. Within four months of hiring, must be proficient through day-to-day demonstrated performance and use of maintenance management and property accountability systems.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK.
- Must have progressive experience managing projects/programs with P/L responsibility.
- 4 years of recent experience as a contractor program/project manager on large (over $150M total value) DoD programs.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing the English Language.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- PMI PMP Certification or DAWIA Level III in Program Management desired.
- Prior US Army Materiel Command experience, ideally within the Joint Munitions Command.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.