Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer for a position in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
A Systems Engineer is needed to provide system engineering functions to support a critical program that offers a suite of functions supporting data collection, management, and reporting. The team will be developing and maintaining leading-edge technologies to provide critical support. Members work within agile teams, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software and hardware. This resource will provide technical leadership and DevOps support to the program. The selected candidate could: • Build and maintain software, scripts, and tools to facilitate server configuration management and software deployment to virtual servers in both cloud and enclave environments. • Integrate COTS and Open Source software, develop custom extensions and integration points for COTS. • Identify and mitigate risks and consequences of internal and external changes. • Troubleshoot and resolve issues. • Identify and develop solutions that leverage enterprise services and/or open source software (if appropriate) to meet program needs and maintain the integrity of application architecture. • Provide technical thought leadership to the development team. Team members will work with other project personnel to resolve technical problems, ensure developed applications & systems transition to customers in a timely manner, assess system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters, identify hardware & applications needed to complete the development process, and support deployed systems independently or under only general direction.
- Typically requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying software applications within Linux/Unix environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Java/J2EE.
- Demonstrated experience developing with version control software, such as Subversion or Git, including branching/merging.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology of the software development process.
- Demonstrated experience with Puppet (or equivalent system configuration technologies such as Chef/Ansible).
- Demonstrated experience with Spring/Hibernate.
- Demonstrated experience with Jira.
- Demonstrated experience with AWS and VMware.
- Demonstrated experience building software using Maven with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins).
- Demonstrated experience with Apache http configuration.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages (e.g., shell, perl, python, Groovy).
- Demonstrated experience with Linux package management tools (e.g., Yum, RPM).
- Demonstrated experience with binary repository management.
- Demonstrated experience with SSL certificate management and debugging.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle or SQL Development.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.