Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
The DHS CBP SOC Program has a critical need for a Cyber Analyst. This is a full time funded position based in Alexandria, VA. This position does not have Telecommuting Options.
The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of cyber threats, information security, and monitoring and detection. The candidate must be familiar with TCP/IP ports and protocols, intrusion detection systems, and netflow analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service to SOD personnel experiencing IT issues on CBP technology architecture that includes hardware, software, applications, networks, systems, security tools and other related accounts
- Evaluates, analyzes and trouble-shoots password and Tier 1 general IT incidents in a security environment in Remedy Ticket System through phone calls, emails or in person communication with the customer
- Creates, documents and manages incident tickets about account related issues
- Provide materials and transmit notices/advisories to make team members aware of common causes of system password reset issues and their temporary workarounds and pending permanent solutions available in their knowledge base repositories
- Gathers data on the tracking and closure of password related incidents (documented, categorized, escalated, status, troubleshooting procedures, workaround/solution attempted, confirmation of resolution) for reporting purposes
- Provision accounts in SOC security tools for incoming users; de-provision accounts for outgoing users in SOC security tools
- Perform Tier 1 troubleshooting on SOC security tools and escalate issues to the Security Engineering team as needed
- Develop and create SOP documents for wide range of common tasks and procedures performed by the Security Engineering team
- Performs basic account management
- Performs tasks in support of cyber security engineering team projects
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, a combination of cyber experience and certifications will be considered
Minimum of a current Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
In addition to specific clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
Security+ Certification or equivalent in industry certification, background and knowledge.
Superior customer-service, listening, problem-solving, speaking and writing skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- MS Office Support
- MS, O-365, Outlook troubleshooting
- Knowledge with VPN software and networking protocol concepts
- Windows based operating systems
- Remedy or other Ticketing System
- Basic knowledge of application, tool, software and hardware troubleshooting
- Any security tools (the more, the better)
- Proficiency in remote support software and tools
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.