The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Greenplum DBA in the Windsor Mill area of Baltimore, MD.
This position will be responsible for:
- Administration of GreenPlum databases throughout the development and production lifecycles.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Creating database structure according to physical model and requirements.
- Expert in the various data loading techniques to Greenplum and develop process to automate it, and troubleshoot any data load errors.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- Support after hours on-call support on rotation basis and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
Education & Certification
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with four years of hands on GreenPlum experience
- Expert communications and interpersonal skills
- Expert administration of Greenplum databases
- In depth knowledge of the GreenPlum architecture
- Expert in the Git, Bitbuket and source control system.
- Python Development experience
- Experience in performance monitoring, and capacity planning for GreenPlum
- Experience implementing automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of GreenPlum for all environments.
- Experience working on Agile teams in the fast paced environment.
- Experience administering cloud solutions
- Experience working with Ansible
- Strong shell scripting and automation experience
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket.
- Familiarity with ETL process.
- AWS experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.