The Deputy Program Manager will be a member of a leading edge, dynamic technical program - NEWTTON. This program is a small development program in Washington DC/Chantilly VA with Agile Development and migration to the cloud. This development program is a workflow tool to engage linguists for the Intelligence Community. The Deputy Program Manager will assist the Program Manager in managing the cost, schedule and performance of the contract. The Deputy Program Manager will also be lead and manager of the on-site Systems Team.
- Assist Program Manager in managing cost, schedule and performance of the contract
- Team Lead and personnel manager for On-Site Systems Team
- Scrum Master and Product Owner for the Systems Team, implementing and facilitating agile best practices and rhythms
- Prioritize and maintain Systems Team backlogs (Scrum/Kanban board) based on priorities from customer, technical leadership, and Program Management
- BS/BA Degree and 7+ years of prior relevant experience (in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Project Management)
- Cleared at the Top Secret level with the ability to pass a CI polygraph
- Demonstrated experience working closely with a customer/partner
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter capable of tackling and executing ambiguous tasks in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience in Project Management
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies (Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience as a functional people manager
- Experience working with and managing sub-contractors
- Experience in Systems Engineering
- Experience with Cloud based technologies
- Experience with Human language Technologies and Computer Assisted Translation
- Understanding of Information Security and System Administration
- SAFe Scaled Agilist (SA) Certification
- SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Certification
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) Certification
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Certification
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.