Leidos' Public Health has is seeking a Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence specialist to join our Data Science Support Services Team that supports the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) in Atlanta, GA.
Roles & Responsibilities: · Design Customer Solutions.
- Interfaces with the client to obtain a deep understanding of the business and data analytic needs, and, working closely with statisticians, business analysts, and data scientists, turns that understanding into business intelligence through the development of standardized reports, visualizations, BI dashboards, and other data products.
- Works closely with the enterprise data architect, database administrators, and other technical staff to implement Extraction, Transformation, and Load procedures (ETL) required for the development of standardized reports, visualizations, business intelligence dashboards, and other data products.
- Works with the data architect to recommend expansion or modification of data warehouses to support client needs and assists data architect in construction of new databases, tables, queries, indices, triggers, stored procedures, etc.
- Examines and analyzes external data sources and their potential benefit to include in future data warehousing solutions vis-à-vis client needs. Develops methods to import new data sources into data warehouse environment.
- Proficient in T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, user-defined functions, relational database models and data integrity, and SQL joins.
- Works with business analysts to document data warehouses, data science processes and procedures related to data warehouse or BI products. Documentation includes functional specifications documents, business requirements documents, technical user manuals, and training manuals for business intelligence products developed in-house.
- Quickly and efficiently writes SQL code, to optimize database queries, and troubleshoots queries or database/reporting problems. Significant experience writing DAX and/or MDX expressions/queries.
- Rapidly learns new programming languages and technical skills, especially related to data science.
- Train users how to use and interact with business intelligence technology products.
- Speaks and writes fluently in English, communicates well in both written and spoken language. Delivers presentations and training to clients of varying level of skill and knowledge of data systems.
- Designs, develops, deploys and maintains data warehouse structures, schemas, and Multi-Dimensional OLAP Cubes
- Performs data profiling and data auditing to identify and understand anomalies in system data.
- Develops business intelligence products, including, but not limited to, standardized web-based and paper-based reports, interactive dashboards, thin-client and stand-alone applications that connect to on-prem and off-site, cloud data warehouses.
US Citizenship required-must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Develop and manage virtually all BI solutions & related technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, MIS or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- QA/QC reports, dashboards, and ensures data integrity by under data flowing out of data warehouses accurately reflects data flowing into data databases.
- 5+ years experience with SQL Server, R, R Shiny dashboards, and SAS are must haves.
- Experience with any of the following areas is a strong plus:
- TIBCO Data Science tools or products such a
- AWS or Azure ecosystems
- Cloudera and Hadoop
- Machine Learning/AI
- Experience with GitHub Repositories
- Previous experience as a database administrator
- UI/UX Design Experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.