Leidos is looking for a UI Designer to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Collect requirements for user interface research from business users for multiple FAA projects
- Participate in all steps of our iterative product design process from initial definition, to research/analysis, ideation, design, validation, and launch
- Design the entire technical architecture for UI portal framework and its API interfaces.
- Design an intuitive, innovative next-generation UI for various applications.
- Design interactive designs necessary to meet the needs of FAA users.
- Create sketches, storyboards, journey maps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes to translate complex tasks into sophisticated UI and UX solutions
- Perform work closely with customers, business analyst and developers and present compelling user experience.
- Provide UI guidance and subject matter expertise for designing the applications
- Provide UI standards and guidance to developers for developing the UI components
- Recommend processes, software and other tools to support business objectives pertinent to user interfaces as well as infrastructure technologies.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related equivalent experience
- At least eight (8) years professional experience in web design and development or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML web technologies, web design and graphics.
- Advanced knowledge of UI design and usability.
- Knowledge of responsive design implementation.
- Familiar with web standards and cross-browser development, cross-platform issues, graphic file formats for web and image optimization.
- Knowledge of JIRA and version control systems, such as Git.
- Familiarity with and experience using CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to take direction, work well independently and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work in collaboration with both customers and technical team members.
- An understanding of the development lifecycle of web and mobile applications, including the server-side rendering process.
- Must possess relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical matters and as well as clearly articulate thoughts, vision and direction.
- Extensive UX experience is a plus
- Experience with mapping business requirements to potential technical solutions is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.