Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established opportunities throughout the European theater supporting the Department of Defense for a the CITS III contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of AFRICOM's mission objectives.
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, GCCS Systems Administrator. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role, you will be responsible for and experienced in:
- Supporting systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications.
- Ensuring system availability and reliability of the Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) and related GCCS Family of Systems (FoS) on the networks.
- Establishing complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer GCCS systems.
- Maintaining file servers and network access. Documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Effective and efficient operation and interconnectivity of a Department of Defense Network and will execute the actions required to correct deficiencies or shortcomings and to improve system performance and efficiency.
- Performing System and Network Administration and System Security.
- Providing senior level knowledge and Tier 3 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 3 infrastructure, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support that builds, configures, and administers GCCS and related GCCS FoS.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Working in a dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Providing technical leadership to other members of the team including training, mentoring and delegating team tasks.
- Provide systems administration, system maintenance, and technical refresh/upgrade support to C2 application/systems. Work with GCCS PMO or other designated C2 PMO.
- Procuring hardware with minimum specifications as determined by the PMO and GOTS developer.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active Secret Clearance
- BA/BS + 4 years or AA/AS + 6 years or a major cert +8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- Oracle Solaris, RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator) or MCSA-Windows Server 2012
- DOD 8570 IAT III compliance
- Experience with team leadership including mentoring, delegation and providing team updates to management.
- Working knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008-2016, VMWare vSphere, Solaris 10-11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Working knowledge of Solaris zones and Red Hat Kernel Virtual Machines (KVM)
- Experience in GCCS administration, systems integration, network administration
- TESA eligibility
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience with the following systems: TBMCS, AEGIS, DCGS, JTT, ADNS, TADL, Link, ADSI, JTAGS
- Experience with: ICSF, COP, Agile Client, TMSWeb, KML/KMZ, MIL STD 2525D, ArcGIS, Google Earth
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
- Experience with VmWare ESXi administration
- Experience with managing and developing Group Policies
- Experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.