Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented, mid-level Splunk Engineer in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
The Splunk Engineer will provide overall engineering, and administration in supporting a cloud-based environment consisting of search heads, indexers, deployers, deployment servers, universal forwarders, spanning security, performance, and operational roles. The Splunk Engineer will be regularly interacting with Cyber Security team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards.
• Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
• Edit and maintain Splunk configuration files and apps.
• Build and integrate contextual data into notable events.
• Recognize and on-board new data sources into Splunk, analyze the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
• Provide technical, managerial, and administrate direction.
• Recommend innovative solutions to management and key stakeholders.
• Develop and provide reports on the usage of information and data.
• Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
• Monitor, investigate, disposition actionable splunk alerts in real-time
• Perform incident reporting as required by DFARS Clause 252.204-7010
• Work independently as a contributor of the Cyber Security Team
• Other duties as required
• BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
• 3-5 years’ experience with Splunk Enterprise
• Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Good verbal and written skills
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
• Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• US Citizenship is required
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
• MITRE ATT&CK Framework
• Cyber Kill Chain
• Current or prior completed Splunk training
• Prior experience in a Splunk professional services role
• Experience in automating Splunk Deployments and orchestration with in a Cloud environment
• Experience with 800-171, 800-53 or 882E documentation.
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
Preferred Certifications :
• Splunk Certified Architect Certification
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.