Leidos currently has a need for a Technical Writer for a highly visible cyber security single-award IDIQ vehicle that provides security operations center (SOC) support, cyber analysis, application development, and a 24x7x365 support staff. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise.
The DHS ESOC Technical Writer will support a small CSP Audit team within DHS ESOC that is creating new processes and matching existing processes to audit standards.
As a Technical Writer, you will:
• Author, organize and maintain a wide variety of complex technical cyber security artifacts (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), process-flows, and procedures).
• Gather necessary information from multiple sources to support the Government in developing, writing, formatting, and editing technical and non-technical cyber security information for reports, manuals, procedures, processes, briefs, and other forms of documentation.
• Visualize content (e.g. layouts, charts, graphics) to deliver powerful messaging in conjunction with written content.
• Deliver high-quality cyber security artifacts that are clear and concise, meeting audience needs.
• Manage knowledge repositories in Confluence and Word to ensure consistent formatting, hierarchy, and organization throughout
• Quickly analyze DHS Policy, procedures, and existing SOPs and apply thorough cross-referencing to ensure consistency
B.S. or higher in relevant field with 2 to 4 years experience in Technical Writing, Knowledge Management, or related field
The candidate must be able to attain a DHS EOD Clearance.
The candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills and be experienced with:
- Interacting with Technical SMEs and turning their knowledge into clearly written procedures and documentation
- Coordinating with project managers and team leads
- Government style guides and templates
- Microsoft Office, particularly Word & PowerPoint
- Cybersecurity fundamentals
- Familiarity with Atlassian Confluence
- CompTIA Security+ Certification or similar
- Familiarity with DOD Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) Evaluator Scoring Metrics (ESM)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.