Leidos is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, desk side support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The Senior Network Engineer will help shape decisions for our customer in the area of network security, network design, administration, and thought leadership becoming a trusted advisor.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Take requirements from a customer and turn those requirements into a network design and solution.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans.
- Design, test and support network enclaves in various stages of deployment.
- Produce and review technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot network-related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems. Outages may be on critical systems and candidates must be able to work methodically through these stressful events.
- Provide recommendations to optimize network operation and performance.
- Audit and assess network enclaves against customer service requirements and best practices.
- Formulate network management strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years prior relevant work experience as a network engineer with a telecommunications equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with network security, including firewall, IDS/IPS, VPN, and load balancer.
- Professional level understanding of common network security controls, especially firewalls and intrusion prevention systems.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco ASA (and) hands-on experience with platforms: Fortinet, Stongate, Cyberguard, or Palo Alto.
- Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with GRE and IPSec.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco SSL-VPN technologies.
- Experience performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total system.
- Experience as senior level network engineer to help shape decisions for a customer or management in the area of network design and administration.
- Experience in traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, security performance and fault tolerant architecture.
- Experience configuring network equipment and services.
- Experience producing network implementation and migration plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and convey information (orally and in writing) to a diverse audience, including management, non-technical, and technical staff.
- Hands-on experience with F5 load balancers.
- Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with TCP-IP as well IP routing protocols especially OSPF, EIGRP, and GBP.
- Professional level understanding and hands-on working knowledge of Cisco IOS.
- Experience configuring and Monitoring LAN/WAN equipment, Including routers and switches.
- Hands-on experience with netScout.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco VSS Technology.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco / Tandberg VTC infrastructure equipment.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, BSD, or AIX Systems.
- Hands-on experience developing scripts using various shells and other scripting languages (for example Perl, TCL, Expect).
- Good understanding of network and server virtualization.
- Professional level understanding of mobile device management framework such as AirWatch.
- Experience providing recommendation to optimize Network Operation and Performance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.