Leidos’s Military and Veterans Solutions Health Group is currently seeking a full time Department Administrator to support the Naval Health Research Center’s Warfighter Performance Department in processes and procedures related to the administration of research functions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work to achieve day-to-day objectives including scheduling meetings for Department leadership, vetting phone calls for the Department and Directorate Leadership Team
- Attend command meetings including Science Investigator’s Meeting, Executive Steering Committee meetings, and Captain’s Calls; update the Warfighter Performance Department on current command requirements; create solutions for Department administrative requirements and processes and distribute those solutions to the department through meetings and training sessions; ensure process solutions are adhered to and provide updates to processes as needed.
- Receive and edit Institutional Review Board protocols; provide guidance to the research teams on best practices for such protocols; manage submission of protocols and associated documents.
- Receive and edit scientific reports, presentations, and manuscripts; return edits back to authors; upon receipt, ensure edits are made and then submit and track in electronic Authored Works system; work with command editing team and reviewers to ensure documents are moved through approval process in efficient manner, in order to meet external deadlines
- Obtain purchase requests from department staff; review requests and work with department staff to ensure all needs are captured; determine whether purchases will be made on contract or in-house; create purchase request; obtain appropriate approvals; track purchases and receipt of goods; manage inventory list and ensure required items are barcoded.
- Receive support agreement request documents; work with department staff to ensure all information is captured appropriately; submit support agreement requests in electronic system; track approvals
- Receive travel requests and provide cost analysis for travel; provide feedback to traveler and edit documents as needed; submit travel requests for approval in electronic system and track and manage the request in a timely fashion to ensure travel is approved as quickly as possible; communicate travel requests approvals and rejections back to travelers
- Serve as supervisor to contract staff members, assist with development of staff goals, frequently communicate with customer to determine performance of contract staff members; provide performance review feedback to staff; approve timesheets and leave requests
- Associate’s degree in human resources, business, communications, science, or related field plus 5 years’ experience in a research setting, business administration, or related field; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- The candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Be able to effectively and professionally communicate to colleagues, leadership, vendors, and collaborators.
- Excellent attention to detail required. Must be a self-starter. Must be able to respond effectively to multiple priorities at one time. Must have effective systems for communication, tracking, and follow-up.
- Excellent critical thinking with problem-solving skills and an ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Flexibility in responding to changing demands, timelines, and priorities. Ability to travel both within the U.S. and internationally.
- Experience in technical documentation.
- Experience editing and submitting research documents such as Institutional Review Board protocols, support agreements, and scientific reports.
- Experience working in a military setting.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.