The Systems Engineer position is in direct support of the enterprise Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team responsible for a very large and complex network infrastructure. The position requires some knowledge of network engineering, requirements gathering, and assistance with strategy development. The candidate is expected to have some network administration knowledge, provide crypto support, patching (i.e. 3rd party apps, desktop, and server), and some knowledge of monitoring tools (i.e. SCOM and SolarWinds). The candidate will also need to have a basic understanding of virtual server configuration regarding high availability, cluster nodes, Hyper-V, and standalone.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Author, review and edit documentation (i.e. CONOPS, SOPs, etc)
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach development and integration
- Develop solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Perform installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating systems.
This position requires a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. The candidate selected for this position will be someone who has the aptitude and enjoys tackling challenges which often haven't been solved anywhere else
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar field with 8+ years of experience; if no degree, additional experience in systems engineering or similar field
- 4+ years of experience with Linux and/or Windows environments
- Must have demonstrated experience with backup technologies like NetApp and Data Protection Management (DPM)
- Applied knowledge of networks and network administration
- Applied knowledge of cloud services
- 1+ years of experience coding in scripting languages (, Python, and/or PowerShell) and Java
- Experience with installing/configuring Cisco network switches and routers
- Occasional OCONUS and CONUS travel to sites for installation and maintenance
- Experience Azure
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.